1. The organiser of the ”See Mt Evelyn Photo Contest” (hereby referred to as the Competition) is the Mount Evelyn Chamber of Commerce & Industry (MECCI). The Competition’s major sponsors are the Professionals and Wildeye.
2. Information on how to enter as published on the Competition website www.SeeMtEvelyn.com.au forms part of these rules. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these rules.
3. Entry into the Competition is open to all persons except Judges, Contest Organisers and Direct Sponsors of the Competition.
For Entries in the Primary and Secondary School section, the Entrant must be enrolled and attending School or under the age of 18 years as at the close of Entry for the Competition; Entrant must declare on the Competition’s online entry form that he or she has his or her parent’s or guardian’s consent to enter the Competition. For clarity, all Entries into the Primary and Secondary School sections must also comply with the criteria applicable to the other Competition sections.
4. All photographs must be taken within Mt Evelyn.
For the purposes of these rules, “Mt Evelyn” indicates the area of land between the following identifying roads (where suburb borders exist along roadways); Swansea Road (eastern border), Old Gippsland Road (northern border), York/Inverness/Hunter roads (southern border) and McKillop/Forest roads (western border).
5. Persons (Entrants) may only enter photographs in the Competition (Entries) between 9.00am (Melbourne time) on Thursday 13 October 2016 and Midnight (Melbourne time) on Tuesday 28 February 2017 (Competition Period).
6. An Entrant may submit up to 5 Entries and MUST be the original work of the Entrant.
7. To enter you have 2 options:
Option 1 – ENTER ONLINE and upload your photos
(if you are having trouble, email your entries to: photo@SeeMtEvelyn.com.au)
Option 2 – provide images on a usb* to a competition organiser, school representative or at the Mount Evelyn Post Office, with required forms.
For Option 2, you need to download the forms to print out and fill in the details.
(*If submitted on usb, the photographer will not receive the usb back.)
8. All Entries should be formatted to:
- JPG file format,
- in RGB colour mode,
- size from 72 dpi/ppi but no more than 300 dpi/ppi or 10MB.
- Photos of around 5MB would be good. Use the best/highest camera settings available.
9. All photos entered must adhere to the following file naming criteria.
Image titles must be titled with:
>>> your First name, your Surname, underscore, image number
For example: SallySample_1.jpg / SallySample_2.jpg etc.
Please get in contact if you are unsure of the naming criteria.
Criteria for Entries
10. All Entries must be taken in Mt Evelyn.
11. All Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Organiser and not at the time of transmission by the Entrant.
12. The Organiser accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected Entries, or Entries not received by the Organiser for any reason whatsoever.
13. The integrity of the original subject must be maintained. The intention is to present the image as it was photographed in nature and should in no way be contrived.
a) the removal, alteration or relocation of elements within the image is not allowed. This includes but is not limited to animals, plants, people.
b) the addition of elements using apps or other means of inclusion are not permitted.
c) pets or farm animals and commercially cultivated plants are not classified as natural and are not permitted. Selfies or any explicit material are not permitted.
d) in all sections of the Competition Entries must not be adjusted beyond a level that would be applied in conventional optical printing techniques. Acceptable adjustments are moderate changes to levels, curves, colour, saturation, contrast, shadow and highlights. Removal of minor dust spots is acceptable. Cropping is allowed as long as the resulting file meets size requirements.
e). An Entry may be created from more than one original photographic or digital exposure in the following circumstances and must be declared: stitched landscape panoramas and in-camera HDR that results in a single image.
14. All Entries must be taken in a safe and lawful location. Neither the Organiser nor sponsor will be held responsible for an Entrant taking a photograph in circumstances that pose a risk of personal injury or legal implications.
Judging of Entries and award of prizes
15. Each valid Entry received will be submitted for judging. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges appointed by the Organiser.
16. Entrants will be advised if they have been shortlisted in the Competition. Prize winners will be announced in March 2017 at the Exhibition conducted in connection with the Competition.
17. If a section receives no Entries attaining the judges’ standard no prize will be awarded.
18. All prizes must be taken as offered. Any non-monetary prize, or any unused portion of a non-monetary prize, is not transferable, exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash.
Each prize is valued in Australian dollars. The Organiser and Sponsor accept no responsibility for any variation in the value of any non-monetary prize or any ancillary costs incurred by the prize winner in claiming a prize.
19. If a prize or a portion of a prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Organiser may substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
20. If a prize winner is unable to claim any prize during any applicable time period, that person forfeits that prize with no compensation or further liability of the Organiser.
Use of Entries
21. Any entry may be used by the Organiser or (and any person authorised to do so by them) solely for the purpose of promoting the township of Mount Evelyn, the Competition and the Exhibition or future Competitions and Exhibitions, including for the purpose of:
a. judging the Competition;
b. displaying the Entries on the Competition’s website and social platforms
c. displaying the Entries at the Exhibition;
d. publishing the Entries (whether print or digital);
e. cropping and re-sizing the Entries as necessary to fit pre-defined formats to promote the Competition and Exhibition;
f. including the Entries in any compilation publication without further remuneration or reference to the participant. Creative control over the use of the Entry in any feature, including features produced for the purposes set out above, will remain with the Organiser at all times.
22. Each Entrant grants the Organiser a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence without expiry for each Entry throughout all print and/or digital media for the uses described in Rule 21. The Organiser may, (upon written request by the photographer) remove the image from future publication where there is a reasonable request to do so.
23. All Entries and, if called for, other materials are sent at the Entrant’s own risk, although reasonable care will be taken by the Organiser. The Entrant releases the Organiser from liability for any damage to, or loss of, submitted material.
24. Each Entrant warrants to the Organiser that each Entry is an original artistic work of the Entrant which does not infringe the rights, including copyright and privacy rights, of any third party. Each Entrant agrees to indemnify the Organiser against all costs or loss suffered as a result of any claim by a third party arising from a breach set out in this rule.
25. By entering the Competition the Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Competition and any subsequent use of their Entry in accordance with these rules does not create a relationship between the winner and the Organiser of employer and employee, principle and agent, partnership or joint venture.
26. The Organiser reserves the right to verify the validity of Entries at any time and reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an Entry that is not in accordance with these rules. Failure by the Organiser to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
27. The Organiser’s decision on all matters relating to the Competition will be final and no correspondence regarding judging or organisation of the Competition will be entered into.
28. Where the Organiser disqualifies any Entry, the Organiser has no obligation to notify the Entrant of such disqualification or to provide any justification for or enter into any correspondence relating to such disqualification.
29. The Organiser reserves the right to ask a prize winner to provide proof of identity and/or age. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Organiser.
30. If, for any reason, the Competition is not capable of running as planned for reasons beyond the control of the Organiser, the Organiser may take any action available, including cancelling, terminating, modifying or suspending the Competition.
31. The Organiser will not be liable for any loss (including indirect or consequential loss), damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained (including where caused by any person’s negligence) relating to the Competition or the awarding or taking of any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
32. While the Organiser will make reasonable efforts to contact each Entrant whose Entry is shortlisted and each winning Entrant, no responsibility will be taken where notification is not received by such Entrant.
33. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees).
34. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Organiser (including its respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Organiser control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Organiser) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these rules or in the Competition information on the Competition website; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
35. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser, the Organiser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any Entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
37. The collection, use and disclosure of personal information provided in connection with this Competition is governed by the Privacy Legislation but may be used by the organiser and/or authorised persons to contact the Entrant in regards to the Competition or future use of images submitted.
38. By entering this Competition, the entrant consents to receipt of any email regarding the Competition.Download Terms & Conditions